Sunday, May 12, 2013

DIY Wood Tags

I made these simple wood tags using 
salvaged slats from louvered doors.

I saved them from the doors we used
when we removed them to make the
 chicken wire dish pantry HERE.

 Cut to any size and drill a hole for the string.
 I left them chippy.
 I just used a Sharpie for the letters. 
I think a stamp would look very nice.
Larry cut a bunch for me to play with.
 I can think of lots of uses for these 'freebies'.
 Attach one to your next wine bottle gift.
 Use them as gift tags.
Simple!

Cheers!

9 comments:

  1. Cute idea! You could even make smaller ones as wine glass charms for parties. Great simple idea

    Michelle. thebashfulnest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun and creative idea. Love it. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I love that idea. I have a drawer full of little slats of wood that could make something similar. Good idea. Thanks!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your way with scrap wood, a drill and sharpies is so charming and totally clever. I have a thing for the graphic appeal of signs, and could even afford to pay the outrageous prices of custom-made ones, but I just cannot bring myself to do that.

    With your clear, straightforward tutorials I'm ready to give making my own signs a go. :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good article. I'm going through a few of these issues as well..

    Feel free to visit my blog; diaper rash Home remedies

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute idea, I have noticed that tags are all the rage right now! Very crafty clever of you!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute and easy to do. Thanks for sharing at the Cabin's BUDGET DECORATING PARTY.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this!!!

    I just started my new craft blog and I would love for you to follow me back so that we can continue to share ideas! :) http://www.naptimenothings.blogspot.com/

    Visiting again,
    Sarah@
    Naptime Nothings
    www.naptimenothings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete